Affinnova's commitment to research and development (R&D) is a driving factor in the invention of technologies that have propelled Affinnova to become one of the ten fastest growing research firms in the United States.
Affinnova R&D is headed by company co-founder and chief technology officer, Kamal Malek, Ph.D., who has been awarded five U.S. patents for his work at Affinnova:
- U.S. Patent 7,016,882 — method and apparatus for evolutionary design
- U.S. Patent 7,177,851 — method and apparatus for dynamic, real-time market segmentation
- U.S. Patent 7,308,418 — determining design preferences of a group
- U.S. Patent 7,610,249 — method and apparatus for evolutionary design
- U.S. Patent 7,730,002 — method for evolutionary design of products
Affinnova has been awarded a sixth patent, for the following work of Kevin Karty, Ph.D., Affinnova's vice president of analytics:
- U.S. Patent 7,877,346 — method and system for predicting personal preferences
Affinnova continues to invest in unique R&D to innovate the innovation process itself, through applications of evolutionary algorithms to the marketing process that provide unique benefits to our clients.